Monterey Bay Sound is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We want everyone who visits our website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
Since its initial launch, Monterey Bay Sound has endeavored to adhere to the WC3 Guidelines, and we continue those efforts to conform to level AA accessibility of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These technical guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers. By using standards compliant HTML/CSS code, this means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
Here are just some of the ways that Monterey Bay Sound meets these accessibility guidelines:
- Descriptive alt text is assigned to every meaningful image on our website
- Our website is navigable without a mouse, by keyboard only
- We use a focus indicator to highlight interactive elements on our website
- We ensure that all text to background color contrast meets a 4.5:1 ratio
- We include a skip navigation link on all pages of our website
- We maintain a consistent and predictable layout throughout our website
While Monterey Bay Sound strives in good faith to adhere to all the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, and we continually review our website to ensure we meet or exceed best practices, there may be some areas of the website that fall short. Should you experience any difficulty, please don't hesitate to contact us.